How to Complete Clemson Geopaths/Extra Credit Activities
First Time Only:
Registering for the Clemson Geopaths Leaderboard
Pick a username of your choice and score points for correctly answering questions for each activity. Total points available for each activity in parentheses below the title of each activity. Rack up a high score and challenge your friends!
You must do this in order to see all of the geocaching activities available.
Download the Geocaching.com app on your phone
Sign up for a free account and get started!
How to Get Credit for an Activity
1. Choose an activity below or in the drop-down Activities tab at the top of the page.
2. Read the directions on the Activity Page, making sure you have all of the equipment you need to complete the activity.
3. Use your Geocaching.com app to navigate to the geocache.
4. Return to the Activity Page, and click on the link that will take you to the Activity Form (a Google Form). If this is your first activity form, the website will prompt you to register for the Clemson Geopaths Leaderboard. Make sure you are signed in using your g.clemson account (not a personal Gmail account) or you will not be able to access the form.
5. Complete the Activity Form and answer all the questions.
6. After you hit submit, you will be directed to an image uploader. Take a geoselfie (a picture of yourself at the activity location), upload, and hit submit.
7. Visit the Clemson Geopaths Leaderboard to see how you stack up against other Clemson students!
Remember, every activity submission requires at least:
Follow us on social media to get reminders for Geocaching Nights!
Note: You must download the Geocaching app on your phone and create an account before you head out to find your first geocache. Directions here.
Geocaching Rules & Etiquette
By searching for geocaches for this class, you are joining a large, global community that invests significant time, money, and passion into their hobby of geocaching. It is important to be respectful when out searching for geocaches.
A few good rules: